Have leftover rice to clear off but not enough to make a plate of fried rice? No worry, this recipe may be able to solve the problem. Mix a batter with it together with some shredded vegetables and eggs. You get to enjoy some lovely rice/vege pancakes for breakfast or light lunch. I believe kids would love it too with some mayonnaise.
Recipe inspired from this youtube video. Slightly modified the recipe as I have added some French beans and seasoning.
[makes about 5-6 pieces]
about 1 small bowl cooked rice
1 tbsp plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 - 1/2 tsp chicken granules
dash of pepper
50 gm shredded red carrot
6-8 French beans - thinly sliced
1 stalk spring onions - chopped
some sweet chilli sauce and mayonnaise
- Break eggs in a big bowl, add in cooked rice. Mix to coat with eggs.
- Add in plain flour, salt, pepper and stock granules. Mix well.
- Add in carrots, French beans and spring onions. Mix into a batter.
- Heat a non stick pan or skillet over medium heat. Add in some oil. Scoop a small ladle of batter onto pan, spread out evenly into a round shape. Cover and fry until the edges are a little brown and firm. Flip over to fry the other side until edges are brown or crispy.
- Dish up on serving plate. Finish frying the remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with mayonnaise and chilli sauce.