Followers

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

RICE AND VEGE PANCAKE

Have leftover rice to clear off but not enough to make a plate of fried rice?   No worry, this recipe may be able to solve the problem. Mix a batter with it together with some shredded vegetables and eggs.  You get to enjoy some lovely rice/vege pancakes for breakfast or light lunch.  I believe kids would love it too with some mayonnaise.

Recipe inspired from this youtube video.  Slightly modified the recipe as I have added some French beans and seasoning.
Ingredients
[makes about 5-6 pieces]
2-3 eggs
about 1 small bowl cooked rice
1 tbsp plain flour
1/2 tsp salt 
1/4 - 1/2 tsp chicken granules
dash of pepper
50 gm shredded red carrot
6-8 French beans - thinly sliced
1 stalk spring onions - chopped
some sweet chilli sauce and mayonnaise

  1. Break eggs in a big bowl, add in cooked rice.  Mix to coat with eggs.
  2. Add in plain flour, salt, pepper and stock granules.  Mix well.
  3. Add in carrots, French beans and spring onions.  Mix into a batter.
  4. Heat a non stick pan or skillet over medium heat.  Add in some oil.  Scoop a small ladle of batter onto pan, spread out evenly into a round shape.  Cover and fry until the edges are a little brown and firm.  Flip over to fry the other side until edges are brown or crispy.
  5. Dish up on serving plate.  Finish frying the remaining batter.
  6. Serve pancakes with mayonnaise and chilli sauce. 

4 comments:

Clipping said...

Great post.thank you so much.Love this blog.

PH said...

Hi Kimmy! Very unique! I never imagined having rice in a pancake hee..hee...

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, is a good alternative to clear off leftover rice instead of fried rice. I am glad to come across this recipe. Tasty and delicious for a light lunch.

Lynne Allen said...

Hi Admin, I hope are fine. I'm your one of the biggest fans, I like to read your blogs and I've also shared your blogs with my family members and friends. I hope in future you'll publish more blogs like your old ones. Please accept my thanks on my behalf of me and from my family and friends.

1947 Housing Islamabad
Capital Smart City
Lahore Smart City
New Metro City Gujar Khan
Skip Hire Near Me