A simple one dish that suffice for a meal with rice. Great to add in all the capsicums, tomatoes and onions. All blends well with the fragrant black pepper sauce that is a little spicy but good.
The spiciness of the black pepper sauce is acceptable to me and so appetising over rice. The chicken cubes are tender but not dry. You can actually deep fried them but I prefer to pan fry them till brown. Do not over fry the other ingredients if you like them to stay crunchy.
1/2 chicken breast - cubed
Marinade - 1/2 tsp salt, dash of pepper and 1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 red capsicum - cubed
1/2 green capsicum - cubed
1 tomato - cubed
1 large onion - cubed
1-2 tbsp oil
1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp each light soy sauce and oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp shaoxing wine
50 ml water
- Marinate chicken cubes with marinade. Chill in fridge until required, while you assemble the other ingredients.
- Heat a non stick pan with oil, fry chicken cubes until brown on all sides.
- Push aside, add in the cut vegetables. Stir to mix well
- Pour in the seasoning ingredients. Continue to fry for 5-10 minutes until all ingredients are cooked through.
- Thicken with cornstarch water.
- Dish up to serve with rice.