This is a lovely sourish, sweet and spicy dipping sauce for various fried foods like firm beancurd, tofu, fried cuttlefish and others.
1/2 yellow onion - peeled and chopped
2-3 pips garlic - peeled and chopped
1 red chilli - seeded and chopped
1 stalk coriander leaves - chopped
1 tbsp each fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce and honey
3 tbsp lime juice or lemon vinegar
- Pulse chopped ingredients several times.
- Add in seasoning and pulse several times to combine.
- Add a little more of honey if the honey you are using is not too sweet.
- Pour into a container and chill until required.
- Serve with fried beancurd or other fried foods.