With the present hot, humid weather, this refreshing, light salad is most welcome. An appetising salad, good to enjoy on its own, with rice, bread or blanched noodles.
The black fungus and zucchini are crunchy, while the chicken meat has its natural sweetness. Combined with the dressing, makes a delicious and tasty salad.
200 gm chicken breast - skin removed
a handful of black fungus - soaked
1 zucchini - shredded
1 red chilli - seeded and cut shreds
1 tbsp each of chopped garlic and ginger
1 stalk coriander leaves - chopped
some toasted sesame seeds
1 tbsp each of chopped ginger and garlic
1 tbsp each of light soy sauce, oyster sauce, sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp chilli oil
1/2 tsp sugar
3 tbsp calamansi lime juice
- Blanched black fungus, drained and cut shreds.
- Steam chicken breast meat for 15 minutes, cool and shred.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine shredded ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix  and  together.
- Toss well and add some toasted sesame seeds.