This is another way of making the popular Chinese egg omelette with preserved radish [cai por], a little different from my mom's version [here]. This omelette is always good to eat with a bowl of plain hot porridge. I believe, any novice cook can try making it, rather fail proof, so long as you don't burnt the omelette, hahaha!
Very simple steps with only a few ingredients.
5 eggs - break into a bowl, beat till fluffy
1/2 bowl preserved radish [cai por] - rinse and drained
1 stalk spring onions - chopped
1 tsp oil
enough oil for frying omelette
- Beat eggs in a bowl, set aside. Add in chopped spring onions.
- Pan fry the cai por in a non stick pan without oil until dry. Add in 1 tsp oil, continue to fry until fragrant. Dish up into beaten egg. Mix well.
- Add some oil into pan, swirl to spread out the oil.
- Pour some egg mixture into pan. Do not stir immediately.
- Stir lightly with a pair of chopstick when the edges turn white, leave to fry until lightly brown. Flip over to fry the other side until firm and edges are crispy.
- Slide onto serving platter.
- Serve with porridge or rice.