This is a healthy, nutritious dish though with simple ingredients. It is easy, quick to cook and yet the taste is awesome, goes well with rice, porridge and I think perfect as a vegetable wrap filling. I should have got ready some salad leaves to wrap it up to eat it just like this. Next time, I will instead of serving it with rice.
The mixing of eggs with the cornstarch water helps to give the scrambled eggs a soft and moist texture, while the combination of seasoning brings out the flavor of this dish.
Recipe inspired by Chinese TV cook show with modifications
2 eggs lightly beaten with 1 tsp cornflour + 1 tbsp water
100 gm pork tenderloin – shredded and marinate with 1 tsp each light soy sauce and cooking wine, dash of pepper and a tablespoon of the egg mixture. Mix well.
A handful of soaked black fungus or more if you like – shredded
50 gm red carrot – shredded
1 tbsp each of light soy sauce, vegetarian oyster sauce and wine
Dash of pepper
- Heat a non stick wok with some oil, stir fry marinated pork until cooked. Dish up.
- Using the same wok, add 1 tbsp oil, pour in beaten egg and stir continuously to scramble the egg mixture until fragrant but still moist.
- Add in black fungus, carrots and fried pork. Toss and stir well to combine ingredients.
- Add in seasoning, toss and mix well until all ingredients are cooked.
- Dish up to serve. Garnish with some chopped coriander leaves.