Huh!, when the lazy bugs keep coming your way or when you realised that there are not much food ingredients in your pantry for you to cook up something elaborate, then this homey dish could be the answer.
Though simple, it is tasty, delicious and comforting to enjoy with a plate of steaming hot rice. All you need are eggs, chilli, spring onions and ginger. I believe most of us will have these ingredients in your kitchen any time.The portion of ingredients depends much on how many eggs you are cooking. If you like to have some sauce, then just increase the seasoning sauce ingredients
3 eggs - fried sunny up eggs
some spring onions - cut 1 inch lengths
some shredded red chilli
some shredded ginger
Seasoning [adjust according to preference]
1 tbsp each of oyster sauce and cooking wine
dash of pepper
1/2 tsp sugar
- Heat oil in wok,fry eggs one at a time over high heat until eggs are crispy. Dish up .
- Remove excess oil, leaving a little to saute aromatics until fragrant. Add in seasoning and water.
- Bring to boil and return the fried eggs into wok.
- Bring to a rolling boil until sauce is reduced and thick.
- Dish up to serve with rice.