This is a Thai style fried rice with crab meat and the main seasoning is Fish Sauce. It is served with Chilli Fish Sauce and cucumber slices [a wedge of lime - optional]. Here, I added some french beans, carrot and fresh corn kernels [all these are optional ingredients].
Basil leaves can also be added for fragrance. The fried rice served with the Chilli Fish Sauce was surprisingly good if you love the sliced shallots and small chilli bits. Hmmmm.....satisfying.
6 cups of cooked rice
3 cloves garlic - chopped
2-3 stalks of spring onions - chopped
1 cup crab meat
3-5 tbsp oil
1-2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp pepper
some carrot [diced], french beans [finely cut], fresh corn kernels [optional]
- Heat 3 tbsp oil to fry garlic until aromatic. Add in all the vegetables [if using, fry for a minute], then add in the rice. Stir to mix well.
- Add in the crab meat. Push ingredients aside. Add in 2 tbsp oil to scramble eggs, one at a time.
- Add in fish sauce and pepper to taste.
- Fry until all ingredients are cooked and rice is fluffy. Off heat and stir in the spring onions.
- Dish out to serve with Chilli Fish Sauce.
Ingredients for Chilli Fish Sauce