Followers

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

FRIED SQUIDS IN CHILLI VINEGAR SAUCE

Spicy dish yet not too spicy with the addition of vinegar that makes this dish appetisingly good.
Another quick cook dish yet delicious dish from my selected cookbook for this month.
My hubby asked if this is a costly dish because of the soaked dried squids.  I told him, the price is quite reasonable so long as the quality is good.  Some dried squids shrink when blanched but this one doesn't.  They are thick and crunchy.
Recipe adapted from Yum Yum Magazine Issue No. 72 [my selected cookbook for August Cookbook Countdown Event#8]
Ingredients
1 pre-soaked squids
100 gm minced meat
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 red chilli - cut 
Marinade
1/4 tsp salt, 1 tbsp water, dash of pepper and sesame oil, 1 tsp cornstarch
Seasoning [combined]
2 tbsp good quality chilli sauce
1 tbsp each of black vinegar and light soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt

  1. Score criss cross pattern on surface of the squids and cut into bite size pieces.  Blanch in boiling water for a while.  Dish and drain.
  2. Marinate minced meat with marinade.
  3. Heat up oil in a non-stick wok, saute chopped garlic until aromatic, then add in minced meat.  Stir fry until fragrant.
  4. Add in blanched squids and seasoning.  Stir fry quickly over high heat.  Add in red chilli and spring onions.
  5. Dish up, serve immediately.

3 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, squid is something I have yet to try cooking! I hardly eat it but when I do, I enjoy it. I think I will like your squid dish because I like most food with vinegar sauce.

kitchen flavours said...

Soaked cuttlefish is one of my favourite, especially love it in spicy sambal. Cooking it this way with chilli vinegar sauce sounds so yummy! Two plates of rice please!

Blog FastCare said...

Look good! Delicious
--------------
I'm working in the thay man hinh xiaomi. It's amazing