Followers

Friday, May 13, 2016

CHICKEN CHOP WITH BLACK PEPPER HONEY SAUCE

One of the many recipes which I have tried from my selected cookbook for this month - 'Yum Yum Magazine No. 48'.
It is an easy and simple dish to prepare yet the result is awesome.  This is good - Crispy fried chicken chop with aromatic, spicy and sweet black pepper sauce.  It's good to eat on its own or with some salad or rice.
I bought 3 chicken drumsticks from the chicken vendor and he was so kind to remove the bones [chicken chop style] for me, thus making the preparation of this dish so much easier.
Recipe adapted from my selected cookbook for Cookbook Countdown Event #5 - Yum Yum Magazine No. 48
Ingredients
[serves 3]
3 pieces deboned chicken whole leg or drumstick
some bread crumbs
Marinade
1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 egg
dash of sesame oil and pepper
1 tbsp cornflour
Sauce [Mixed]
3 tbsp honey
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tbsp ground black pepper [add more if you like it spicy]
2 tbsp water
dash of salt
1 tsp cornflour
  1. Mix chicken with marinade and marinate for at least an hour.
  2. Coat chicken with bread crumbs and deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.  Dish and drain.  Cut into pieces or keep whole and place on serving platter.
  3. Bring combined sauce to boil until thick, pour over chicken chop.  Serve.


This post is linked to Cookbook Countdown #5 hosted by 

7 comments:

Veronica said...

I love black pepper in my meat. Hmmm black pepper and honey with chicken... I am pretty sure it taste super delicious!

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Kimmy,
Looks very delicious! I know that my family would love this! With some side salad, makes a very satisfying meal!

Kimmy said...

Hi Veronica, when I first looked at the recipe, it didn't prompt me to try it. I tried because I have lots of Sarawak black peppercorns from a friend in my pantry. I need to use it soon. Glad that I tried this recipe. Love the sauce and the crispy deboned chicken drumstick. Looks nice.

EmilyC said...

I would like to come over for dinner!

Kimmy said...

Hi Emily, you're most welcome.

PH said...

Kimmy, I can eat 2 pieces. LOL!

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, honestly anyone can eat at least more than a piece. I have to exercise some control cos' there are still ample choice of food to try, hahaha! Must take care of our stomach.