Followers

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

EZCR #3 - TAIWAN STYLE FRIED YELLOW NOODLES

A very Chinese way of frying yellow noodles [mee] with simple ingredients and lots of vegetables. The noodles are extra fragrant and tasty with the addition of crispy fried shallots before dishing up to serve.
This is quite similar to my family style fried yellow noodles with mustard leaves.  
The original recipe has 4 tablespoons of black vinegar added but I have omitted it cos’ I ran out of black vinegar in the kitchen. Anyway, the noodles are still yummy without it.

Recipe Source - Taiwan TV Cooking Show
Ingredients
[serves 2-3]
300 gm yellow noodles [mee]
150 gm prawns – shelled
100 gm pork – thinly sliced
½ carrot – shredded
150 gm cabbage – shredded
1 stalk spring onions – cut 1 inch lengths
1 red chilli – seeded and cut strips\
2 tbsp crispy fried shallots
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp oil
Seasoning
1 tsp chicken or ikan bilis stock granules
2 tsp dark soy sauce
Dash of pepper
4 tbsp black vinegar [I omit]
  1. Heat wok with oil, sauté garlic, meat and prawns until aromatic.
  2. Add in cabbage and carrot. Add seasoning a a little water. Bring to boil and add in noodles.
  3. Stir fry to mix well. Simmer until water is almost dry and thick. 
  4. Add in fried shallots. Stir to mix well.
  5. Dish up to serve. Garnish with spring onions and red chilli.

4 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, this looks good! I love yellow noodles and I think I like the smell. Funny right? Yesterday while doing a stock check on my fridge, I found a packet of yellow noodles. hee..hee..can try this recipe!

lclim said...

Easy n yummy with cut chillies

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, this is one of my family favourite noodles. When I'm lazy to cook several dishes for a meal, I'll cook this kind of noodles and a sweet bean soup like Ang Tau Sar or Sweet Potato Soup as dessert. So easy.

Kimmy said...

Hi LcLim, yes it is simple, easy and yummy. Good with sambal belacan too. Best with a chicken curry, hehehe!