A lovely steamed tumeric rice with corn which I prepared. It goes so well with any curries that you like. I have prepared a simple curry with an assortment of vegetables with some mock chicken meat. The curry is very easy to prepare with the use of my Multi Purpose Vegetable Sambal paste [Here].
Here, I will be sharing the recipe in detail. I will roughly list the ingredients and you may create a near similar dish to go with the tumeric rice. This tumeric rice is seasoned with some salt and tastes good with the sweet corn kernels. You may add some black pepper if you like. The curry is flavoured with salt, sugar and lime juice.
Tumeric With Corn Rice Ingredients
150 gm plain white rice - washed and drained
1/2 cup corn kernel
juice of 1 calamansi lime
1/2 tsp tumeric powder
1/4 tsp salt
about 230 ml water
- Combined lime juice, tumeric powder, salt and water in a cup. Mix well.
- Wash and drain rice.
- Transfer to a steaming tray. Pour in water. Stir to mix well.
- Steamed over boiling water for 20 minutes, give it a good stir to mix well. Turn to low heat and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes. Off heat.
- Leave rice for a further 10 minutes before fluffing.
- Serve with curry.
Ingredients For Mixed Vegetable Curry
Some cauliflower florets - cut small bits
Some French beans - cut small sections
Some red carrots - cut small bits
1 tomato - cut small bits [keep a few slices for garnishing]
1 red onion - chopped coarsely
some curry leaves
some mock chicken meat pieces - cut cubes
juice of 2 calamansi lime
1 tbsp Multi Purpose Vegetarian Sambal paste
1 tbsp meat curry powder
Seasoning - salt and sugar
- Stir fry cauliflower and carrots with some oil for 1-2 minutes. Add in onions and tomatoes. Continue to stir fry.
- Mix sambal paste and curry powder with some water into a paste. Add to fried vegetables and mock chicken. Continue to stir fry, drizzle in some water in between frying.
- Add in enough water to cover the ingredients. Bring to boil until cauliflower is soft. Add in French beans, then seasoning to taste.
- Stir fry until all ingredients are cooked and gravy is almost thick.
- Add in lime juice. Off heat.
- Scoop curry over steamed rice. Serve immediately.