This dish is a rather quick stir fry dish, savoury and sweet in taste.
A meatless dish, good to spread over a plate of steaming hot plain rice as One Dish Meal. Particularly love the dried chillies, spicy hot and appetising. The tofu puffs absorb the flavours of the seasoning, makes it tasty.
100 - 150 gm tofu puffs - cut half diagonally
1 small green capsicum - cut wedges
1 small red capsicu, - cut wedges [ I used 1 red chilli]
2 dried red chillies - soaked and cut small sections
some slice ginger and garlic
1 stalk spring onions - cut sections
1 tsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water
100 ml water
1 tbsp each sweet chilli sauce, oyster sauce, light soy sauce and sugar
1 tsp stock granules
1/2 tsp each salt and dark soy sauce
- Heat a non stick wok with some oil, pan fry the tofu puffs until slightly charred. Dish up.
- Using the same wok with some oil, saute ginger, garlic and spring onions until aromatic.
- Add in the seasoning, stir to mix, add in water.
- Bring to boil, add in the fried tofu puffs. Stir to mix well and let it braise for awhile.
- Lastly, add in the chillies/capsicum. Mix well and thicken with cornstarch water. Drizzle in some sesame seed oil.
- Dish up to serve.