Simple, delicious and appetising side dish that you can prepare for your family. Thought of not sharing this dish but should be good to keep this recipe here for future reference.
The original recipe is fried tumeric tempeh served with a savoury, sourish and sweet chilli dipping sauce. I have modified it by replacing the dipping sauce with some freshly shredded cucumber, onions, carrots and a sweet, spicy fragrant sauce.
My family loves this dish.
1-2 pieces tempeh - cut thin slices
1-2 tsp tumeric powder
1/2 tsp salt
oil for frying
Some shredded cucumber, onions and carrots - rinsed with cold water and drain
Dressing Sauce [Combine]
2 tbsp each of tomato sauce and sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp Worcester sauce
some toasted sesame seeds
- Coat tempeh slices with tumeric powder and salt.
- Line serving platter with shredded vegetables.
- Combine dressing sauce in a small bowl.
- Pour oil in a non stick pan, add in tempeh slices [fry from cold oil] until tempeh slices are golden brown and crispy.
- Dish up and place over shredded vegetables.
- Scoop dressing over tempeh slices.
- Serve immediately.