This is a Thai creamy curry with coconut milk and blends well the yellow curry paste which is easy to make yourself. Just combine all the ground spice powders with the blended curry paste ingredients into a smooth paste.
Vegetable curry cooked with coconut milk is one of my favourite curries but add the palm sugar sparingly otherwise you may find the curry a bit on the sweet side. This curry isn't spicy and you can increased the amount of chilli powder.
Just this curry with rice is enough for me to enjoy a good meatless meal for the day.
Ingredients For Yellow Curry Paste
1 tbsp freshly chopped galangal or ginger
2 tbsp chopped lemongrass
1 tbsp chopped garlic
4 shallots – chopped
1 tsp lime rind or zest
2 tsp hot chilli powder or more
2 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
150 gm long green beans – cut 1 inch lengths
100 gm baby corn [I suggest to use canned baby corns]
1 medium zucchini – sliced ½ cm thick
1 small brinjal – sliced 1 cm thick
1/2 tbsp palm sugar to taste
2 tbsp Thai mushroom ketchup [I used mushroom flavoured oyster sauce]
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
150 ml thick coconut milk
- Place all the curry paste ingredients in a blender with 2-3 tbsp water. Blend into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add in curry paste, palm sugar and stir fry until aromatic. Add in the thick coconut milk and gently cook for 8-10 minutes or until the mixture starts to separate.
- Add in the vegetables [except the zucchini], stir fry to mix well for 5-10 minutes, then add in the zucchini.
- Pour in water or thin coconut milk. Bring to boil, cover to cook gently until vegetables are tender.
- Add in the seasoning to taste.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice or blanched noodles.