This is the third recipe which I tried from this book. It is a homey dish, great to go with rice or porridge for lunch or dinner. The ingredients are easily available and to cook up this dish is not difficult at all.
This dish is healthy, aromatic and tasty with the fragrant seasoning sauce. You can also substitute the chives with leeks or garlic sprouts etc.
Recipe adapted from 'Lisa Yam's World' Cookbook with modifications
120 gm pork tenderloin – sliced
Marinade – 1-2 tsp light soy sauce, dash of msg, 1 tsp oil and cornflour
2 pieces soft beancurd – cut 1.5 cm thick pieces [I used Teochew beancurd]
80 gm chives – cut sections
A few slices of carrots
1-2 tbsp oil
Seasoning Sauce [combined]
2 tsp light soy sauce
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp cooking wine
Dash of msg, pepper and sesame seed oil
1 tsp cornflour
125 ml water
- Rinse pork, sliced and marinate with marinade for 15 minutes.
- Heat up a non-stick wok, add in oil, pan fry beancurd pieces until golden brown on both sides. Dish up.
- Using the same wok, add in marinated pork pieces to fry until brown and cooked. Push aside.
- Add in carrots, stir fry to combine ingredients. Add in fried beancurd and pour in seasoning.
- Bring sauce to boil for a minute, then add in cut vegetables. Lightly stir to mix ingredients until sauce is thick.
- Dish up to serve with rice.