Sunny side up fried eggs served with a twist. The minced meat sauce itself is very tasty and matches well with the fried eggs.
The minced meat sauce can be prepared earlier and chilled until required, thus making cooking this dish easily. The sauce itself is also good served with blanched dried noodles or with soup and rice if you do not wish to have it with eggs. Very versatile indeed.
Recipe adapted from Yum Yum Magazine No. 86 [modified]
8 eggs – fried sunny up style [I cooked less]
Some chopped spring onions
Minced Meat Sauce Ingredients
200 gm minced meat [use pork belly if you like]
2 cloves garlic – chopped
3 shallots – chopped
¼ tsp salt and pepper
½ tsp sugar, dark soy sauce and sesame seed oil
1 tbsp light soy sauce
- Heat a non-stick wok with 1 tbsp oil, sauté chopped garlic and shallots until fragrant and slightly brown. Add in minced meat and stir fry until meat turns white and firm.
- Add in the seasoning and continue to fry for several minutes on medium heat. Add in water and continue to fry until meat is cooked and almost dry. Dish up and set aside.
- Using a clean wok, add 2 tbsp oil, fry egg one at a time on one side until the edges are cooked and crispy [sunny up style]. Dish up onto serving plate.
- Spread mince meat sauce over fried eggs. Garnish with spring onions, serve with rice.
- This post is link to Carole's Chatter: Food on Friday Theme - Chinese Food