An easy dish to prepare for lunch or dinner if you have some vegetables, carrot, chicken meat [I have 5 Star brand black pepper chicken steak in the fridge] and cooked rice.
2 bowls of cooked rice [hot or warm]
1 piece of chicken steak [ready bought from any departmental store]
200 gm brocolli - cut into florets
1 small carrot - cut design and sliced
2 piece mushrooms - soaked and sliced
A few cloves garlic - keep whole
1 tbsp oil
400 ml water
Seasoning to taste - oyster sauce, msg, sesame oil, pepper, wine, salt and pepper
1 tbsp cornflour mix with 2-3 tbsp water
|5 Star brand - black pepper flavour chicken steak|
- Heat up cooked rice and set aside.
- Heat chicken steak [both side] on medium heat in non-stick pan for 5-10 minutes. Remove and sliced.
- Heat oil in non stick pan and fry whole garlic till brown. Remove.
- Using the same wok, add in mushrooms. Fry till aromatic, then add in carrot and seasoning.
- Pour in water and bring to a boil. Taste to adjust seasoning. Add in brocolli and fried garlic. Continue to boil till brocolli is cooked. Then add in cornflour to thicken sauce.
- Scoop 1 bowl of rice onto serving plate. Scoop vegetable sauce over rice and top up with chicken steak slices. Serve with sambal belacan or sliced chilli.