|Fried vegetarian duck before slicing|
|Very tasty, tender vegetarian duck|
|Ingredients for vegetarian goose|
1 sheet [dried beancurd sheet - used for cooking tong sui] - soak in water for 5-10 minutes and drain.
2 sheets of big size beancurd skin [foo peh]
Marinade ingredients [combine together]
1 tsp 5 spice powder
1 tsp castor
1/2 tsp vegetarian msg
1 tsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 cube nam yee 'tau choo' [red fermented beancurd]
a dash of pepper
110 ml water
8 satay sticks
After steaming for 20 minutes
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut each beancurd skin into 4 equal size pieces.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoon of marinade ingredients all over a sheet of beancurd skin [foo peh], place another sheet on top and spread again 1-2 tbsp marinade. Place a piece of the soaked beancurd sheet in the centre and fold into a rectangle. Prick the top with a satay stick so that the seasoning can seep through the holes. Use toothpicks to pin both ends to hold the pieces in place. Do the same for the balance ingredients.
- Put vegetarian goose on a lightly greased plate and steam for 20 minutes. In between steaming, open the lid for a second and continue steaming. Remove and leave to cool before storing.
- To serve, deep fry each piece till golden brown. Cut into 2 cm slices and serve plain or with chilli sauce.