Followers

Friday, March 18, 2016

MARMALADE SWEET CHILLI WINGS


This is another lovely roast chicken wings recipe from a long kept food magazine. The ingredients seem to be a long list but in fact they are easily found in any kitchen. Read carefully at it, you would notice that it is just the marinade and the chicken wings, that requires combining and mixing.
The method of cooking can be baking or pan fry. I chose pan fry this time but I would recommend baking, this way I need no extra oil to cook the wings.
These wings are fragrant, very tasty coated with sweet and a little spicy sauce from the chilli sauce and black pepper. It is finger licking good to snack or serve with rice.
Recipe from this month's selected cookbook for Cookbook Countdown #3 - Home Cooking Magazine [January 2001] - modified 

Ingredients
6-8 large chicken wings – cleaned
Marinade Ingredients [Combine]
2 tsp grated ginger
4 cloves garlic – grated
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp salt to taste
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp each sweet chilli sauce, light soy sauce and white vinegar 

  1. Trim chicken off excess fats and sinews. Remove the tip part and cut into 2 pieces or keep the wing whole.
  2. Combine marinade in a big bowl and add in chicken. Mix well until wings are well coated with marinade.
  3. Cover and refrigerate in the fridge for several hours or overnight.  
  4. Drain the chicken pieces and reserve the marinade. Place wings on a roasting rack or oven tray or place them in a deep baking dish.  You can skewered the wings with bamboo sticks, too.
  5. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 15 minutes, turn over and continue baking for 15 minutes. Baste with extra marinade in between baking time.  This time I pan fried the wings.
  6. Change oven mode to grill and grill chicken for about 10 minutes or until chicken is crisp and cooked through.
  7. Serve immediately.
I'm linking this post with Cookbook Countdown hosted by 

8 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my! this is absolutely fabulous! Love chicken wing on a stick! Bookmarked! Thanks for sharing!

Kimmy said...

Hi Emily, my hubby commented that it tasted good [sourish, sweet and tangy]. Unless you have a wide flat base pan otherwise, I suggest to oven baked the wings [not greasy].

Emily said...

Hi Kimmy,
I will probably grilled them on my griddle pan and perhaps put a cover on for a couple of minutes during some of the cooking time.

PH said...

Kimmy, your chicken wings looks delicious. I like the burnt parts because it is very tasty.

Kimmy said...

Hi Emily, great idea. Roasting in the oven would be my method next time when I prepare this.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, if my hubby comments 'it's good', it has too be. He is quite particular when it comes to tastes of food. Yes the burnt parts are tasty, my niece ate the middle part of the wings. She said 'Oishi'.

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Kimmy,
I would be happy eating half a dozen of these wings without any rice! Looks so good!

Kimmy said...

Hi Joyce, I would love to enjoy these wings with salad or coleslaw, too.