Followers

Thursday, March 31, 2016

FRY MINI CHINA CABBAGE WITH DRIED CUTTLEFISH

 In my home, there must be at least a vegetable dish in every meal.  Sometimes, there are more than one with assorted vegetables, best if there are 5 colours in one dish.  Is this possible?  Practically, it is not possible daily cos' families are getting smaller and most would go for quick meals, too.
During hot weather times, it is best to eat more vegetables to boost our immune system.  This dish is a homey dish with at least several coloured ingredients like carrots, Chinese cabbage, mushrooms and dried cuttlefish.  You can add black fungus, meat according to own preference.
Here, I will state the ingredients used without the quantity cos' you can simply cook them in small or big portions according to individual family needs.
Ingredients
Mini China cabbage - washed and shredded
red carrot - shredded
a few dried mushrooms - soaked and shredded
a handful of dried cuttlefish - rinsed and soaked for 10 minutes, drained
some chopped garlic
cooking oil [I used lard]
Seasoning
salt, msg, black pepper, oyster sauce
dash of sesame seed oil
  1. Heat up wok, add in mushrooms and garlic, saute until fragrant.  Add in dried cuttlefish and fry until there is a crackling sound.
  2. Add in all the shredded vegetables, stir to mix well.
  3. Add in seasoning and some water, continue to cook until vegetables are cooked through.
  4. Dish up and serve immediately.

2 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, I must also have at least one vegetable with my meal. This fried mini cabbage with cuttlefish must be very delicious!

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, many ppl keep telling me to cut down on pork and chicken but most do not know that my family members eat lots of vegetables and not really much animal protein. Sometimes, I tried but there isn't much to cut down, if I do then I'll be a vegan soon. Like this dish, there isn't any meat at all.