One of my favourite cookies for 2020 - Coffee flavour butter cookies. These cookies are nice, so aromatic. Love the coffee aroma. Great to enjoy these cookies with a cup of hot beverage.
I did not use emulco coffee but instead mix the below instant coffee with 1 sachet of Cafe 21 2-in instant coffee.
Recipe adapted from Kathrine Kwa's Youtube Video [slightly modified]
[makes 120 pieces]
250 gm salted butter [good quality butter]
130 gm icing sugar
1 egg yolk
Mix Together Coffee Paste
1 tbsp instant coffee powder with hot water
1 tsp emulco coffee OR
1 tbsp instant coffee powder [any brand that you prefer] with hot water
1 sachet 2 in 1 coffee mix [I used Cafe 21 brand]
Dry Ingredients [sieve together]
270 gm plain flour
60 gm cornflour
30 gm custard powder
- Cream butter and icing sugar until creamy and light. Add in egg yolk, continue to beat until fluffy.
- Add in coffee mixture, mix well. Fold in sifted flour in batches until well combined. Chill in fridge until required.
- Press dough into rosette design on a lined baking tray. Top with a small piece of red cherries.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 degrees C for 20 minutes.
- Remove to cool on wire rack before storing in airtight containers.
|Spanish Instant Coffee [Hacendado Brand]|