Followers

Monday, March 2, 2020

CNY 2020 - CHOC CHIPS OATMEAL COOKIES

December 2019 and January 2020 was indeed a very busy period for me with much to do to the extent of delaying posting of the recipes which I tried till now.  With the long list of things to handle, I still have to bake some cookies for my elders' families for Chinese New Year. So from now, with the last of schedule done, I will have to catch up with the recipe postings.  
These cookies are moist, not too sweet but crunchy and it looks a little dark as I used Jaggery sugar instead of brown sugar [original recipe].  Anyway, I happened to like these cookies and sharing it here for future reference.
Ingredients
[makes 160 cookies]
350 gm butter [room temperature]
180 gm Jaggery sugar
60 gm castor sugar
1 tsp salt
3 eggs
3 tsp vanilla essence
560 gm plain flour
100 gm regular oats
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
200 gm chocolate chips
  1. Cream butter with sugars, salt until light and creamy.  Add in eggs one at a time and vanilla essence. until well blended.  Scrap down.
  2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Fold into cream mixture.  Mixed well and chill cookie dough in fridge for 30 minutes or until required.
  3. Use a spoon to scoop the dough into small portions.  Lightly roll into balls.  Place dough on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.  Leave some space in between as cookies will spread out a little.
  4. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 20 minutes.
  5. Remove to cool on tray before storing in airtight container.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Kimmy, it is so good to have you back! I thought you have stopped your blog altogether:(

I love going through your recipes and always managed to find great recipes...

Keep up all your wonderful efforts☺️

Cheers.
Min

Kimmy said...

Hello Min, thanks for your feedback. I have been very busy for the past few months which is the main reason for not blogging as regularly as before. I still have many posts to share in my Food and Travel blog about my holiday in Fujian, China late last year. I will try to my best to be around often.