The addition of curry leaves, adds extra fragrance and aroma to this dish. The eggplant is soft and sweet, goes well with the savoury taste of the noodles. The addition of crispy fried soya kelp provides a different texture to this dish. Awesome.
1 medium eggplant [brinjal] - sliced wedges
50 gm carrots - cut strips or shredded
1 red chilli - sliced
1-2 sprigs curry leaves
1/2 tbsp chopped ginger
3 tbsp fried crispy soya kelp
50 gm glass noodles - soak in water for 5 minutes, drained
150 ml water
1 tbsp each fermented soya bean [taucheong], oyster sauce and light soya sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt to taste
dash of pepper and mushroom stock granules
- Soak sliced eggplant in water until required.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok, saute ginger and curry leaves until aromatic.
- Add in eggplant and carrots. Stir fry to mix well, then add in seasoning and water. Stir fry and bring to boil.
- Add in glass noodles and red chillies. Stir fry until water is almost dry but noodles are moist. Add in soya kelp. Mix well.
- Dish up to serve. Garnish with remaining soya kelp.
- Serve with rice or enjoy as a noodle dish.