Followers

Thursday, November 29, 2018

FRIED TOFU WITH CHIVES

Glad that I tried this simple dish.  Just 2 ingredients and a simple dipping sauce, it is surprisingly satisfying dish.  I can eat lots of this alone.
Recipe adapted from cook show on you-tube [a Chinese version]. I hope I got it right but if I am wrong, it is still alright because I did enjoy this dish.  If you love tofu and enjoy eating chives, do give this a try.
Ingredients
[serves 2]
2 blocks tofu [best to get the traditional tofu] - cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
a bunch of chives - cut small bits
salt to taste
50 ml boiling water

  1. Cut tofu, set aside.
  2. Cut chives, place is a serving bowl.
  3. Deep fry tofu pieces in batches until golden brown and edges are crispy.  Dish up on serving plate.
  4. Bring water to boil, pour over cut chives.  Add in salt to taste.
  5. To serve, dip fried tofu pieces in chives.

No comments: