Came across this lovely steamed brinjal dish on You-tube. I love the sweetness of brinjals but never like the greasiness of fried brinjals.
These steamed brinjals stuffed with the tasty minced meat and simple sauce is great. Moreover, it is not difficult to prepare at all. You can stuffed the brinjals in advance and just need to steam them for 15-20 minutes before serving them. No greasy kitchen and or sweating in the kitchen.
1 medium size brinjal - cut 3 cm thick pieces
1 tbsp chopped garlic
some chopped red chilli
Sauce Ingredients [combined]
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp light soy sauce
dash of msg and pepper
1 tsp cornstarch and 3 tbsp water
some chopped spring onions or coriander leaves
Minced Meat Filling [mixed well]
300 gm minced meat with some fats
1-2 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp chicken stock granules
dash of sugar, pepper and sesame seed oil
- Make 4 slits [without cutting through to the base] on each section of the brinjals.
- Mix filling ingredients well and set aside.
- Stuff the brinjal pieces with the minced meat place and place on a steaming plate.
- Steam over high heat for 15-20 minutes. There may be some water released from the steamed brinjals. You may discard the water. Sprinkle chopped spring onions over the steamed brinjal.
- Meanwhile, put some oil in a pan, saute garlic and red chilli until aromatic, pour in the mixed sauce. Stir well until thick consistency.