Followers

Friday, January 19, 2018

CNY 2018 - BBQ FLAVOURED CHIPS COOKIES

I would not be baking these cookies if I hadn't bought the ingredients before Christmas. With my mother in-law already  in hospital for 18 days, I needed to do the baking during the night.
Last year I made Savoury Potato Chips Cookies [with sour cream and onion flavour potato chips] which was so good that I regretted not making more.  This time, I baked double portion of these cookies and also tried baking this batch of chips cookies with BBQ Flavoured Potato Chips.  
Preparing the dough is easy and baking them is quite fast, too.  These cookies taste savoury, buttery and aromatic.  Another batch of lovely cookies and I believe you can bake similar cookies with any flavour potato chips. 
Ingredients
[makes 110 pieces]
250 gm butter
80 gm caster sugar
50 gm toasted walnuts – chopped
160 gm BBQ flavour potato chips – crushed
2 tbsp cheese powder
250 gm plain flour + 1 tsp baking powder – sifted
  1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  2. Sift flour with baking powder and mix in the walnuts, crushed potato chips and cheese powder.  Mix well.
  3. Fold [2] into [1].  Mix into a dough.  Scoop into small portions and place on a lined baking tray.
  4. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
  5. Remove to cool on wire rack before storing in airtight container.

7 comments:

Aunty Young(安迪漾) said...

Good morning Kimmy,
These BBQ flavoured chips cookies look very tempting. ...may be i can try to bake some ,thanks for the good sharing.

Kimmy said...

Hi Aunty Young, you can try this recipe with potato chips of various flavours. I like the sour cream and onion flavour, too. There are those with tomato, cheese etc. The quantity per pack varies from different brands. Look for those with the quantity nearer to this recipe then you can decide the portion to bake.

Wanda said...

Hi Kimmy, will there be a difference in the crunchiness if I leave out the nuts?

Kimmy said...

Hi Wanda, these cookies are similar to cornflake cookies but with added flavour from the potato chips. I have baked some without adding the nuts, they are crunchy and crispy.

Wanda said...

Sorry, do I need to increase the weight of other ingedients if I leave out the nuts. Thanks

Wanda said...

Thanks Kimmy,
Do I need to adjust the other ingredients if I leave out the nuts? Can nibbed almond replace the walnuts instead?

Thanks again

Kimmy said...

Hi Wanda, I suppose you can substitute with other nuts or add more potato chips.