I am sharing another dish with only a few ingredients but both are awesome. Dish 21 is a vegetarian dish which is savoury with a tinge of sweet and sourish tastes that is appetising. Gives flavour to the fried ingredients tempe, firm beancurd and Ladies' fingers. Aromatic with the use of curry leaves.
Dish 21 is adapted from VegePapa Youtube Video with some modifications [Here]
Dish 21 - Fried Tempe Taukwa With Curry Leaves
1 piece firm beancurd - cut into 1/2 cm thick slices
1 piece tempeh - cut into 1/2 cm thick slices
2-3 Ladies' fingers - sliced slantwise
1-2 sprigs curry leaves
2-3 small red and green chillies - cut small pieces
some fried grated coconut
Juice of 2 calamansi limes
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
2-3 tbsp water
- Pan fry sliced Ladies' fingers until dry. Dish up.
- Fry beancurd pieces and tempeh separately until golden brown and slightly crispy. Remove, set aside.
- Remove excess oil, leaving some to saute curry leaves and small chillies until aromatic. Add in sugar, then soy sauce and water.
- Bring to boil. Combine the fried ingredients with the sauce. Continue to fry until sauce is almost dry. Sprinkle fried grated coconut.
- Dish up. Drizzle in juice of calamansi limes before serving.