Omelettes are quick and easy to make and always tasty good to eat with rice or porridge. But, are omelettes healthy? I supposed, it all depends on what ingredients are added into the eggs to make the omelette.
Here, is an egg omelette with chives and I have added some preserved minced radish [cai por] to it for the savoury taste. The nice aroma of the omelette, crispy edges and savoury flavour is tempting enough to let you forget if it is healthy to eat omelette.
This Chives Omelette should be considered healthy. Eaten once in awhile should be alright.
3 eggs - lightly beaten
a bunch of chives - washed and cut into small bits
1-2 tbsp preserved radish [cai por]
salt and pepper to taste
- Break eggs into a bowl, add in some salt and pepper to taste. Lightly beat with a fork until frothy.
- Fry cai por in a non stick wok until dry, dish up add to chives.
- Mix lightly with a fork to combine ingredients.
- Heat up a non stick wok, add some oil enough to fry the eggs in one go [you can fry smaller pieces in batches]. Pour in omelette mixture, spread out evenly. Cover with lid to cook over medium heat until edges are slightly brown and crisp.
- Remove lid, swirl omelette around in the wok, then flip over to fry the uncooked side.
- Fry until the base is golden brown and eggs are cooked through.
- Dish up to serve. You can cut it into quarters before dishing up.