Teochew noodle is an easy noodle to cook and it can be rather tasty and appetising fried with different tastes. Apart from the 'traditional' stir fry style Family style stir fry Teochew Noodles, this version is a little spicy. The original recipe uses spiral pasta but I replace it with Teochew noodles.
Ingredientsoriginal recipe from Yum Yum magazine No. 48
250 gm Teochew noodles - blanched in hot water until cooked, drain
150 gm meat - minced or sliced
100 gm prawn - shelled, keep the tail intact
50 gm chives - washed and cut 1 inch length
150 gm beansprouts
1 tbsp chopped garlic
3 tbsp oil
fried omelette - cut thin strips
fried shallots, red chilli and lettuce - garnishing [I forgotten to add these]
2 tbsp each of oyster sauce and light soy sauce
3 tbsp each of tomato and chilli sauce
salt and pepper to taste
- Blanch noodles in boiling water until cooked and soft. Place in colander and rinse under running water and drain. Notes: If using spiral pasta, cook as directed in package. Dish out and drain.
- Heat up oil and saute chopped garlic until fragrant. Add in the prawns and meat, fry for several seconds.
- Add in the blanched noodles and seasoning. Stir to mix well.
- Add in the beansprouts and chives to cook. Stir for several minutes until all ingredients are well mixed and cooked through.
- Dish out to serve. Garnish with shredded omelette and other garnishing.
Notes: Visit this site for its' Nutritional Facts [here]
I'm linking this post to Cook Your Books Event #7
hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours