Cooking up a yummy vegetable dish just with Chinese cabbage. A simple yet delicious a quick stir fry vegetable where the cabbage leaves are cooked yet maintains the crispy, crunchy texture.
Seasoned with some vinegar and sugar, this dish is appetisingly good to go with rice. Do not add water as the cabbage will release some liquid when fried. Tastes sourish sweet with a bit of spiciness from the dried chillies.
300 gm Chinese long cabbage - cut sections
30 gm red carrot - peeled and sliced
2 dried chillies - soaked and cut small sections
some garlic and ginger - cut strips
some spring onions - cut sections [optional]
1 tsp sugar to taste
1/2 tsp salt taste
vinegar to taste
- Break apart the leaves of Chinese long cabbage, soak in a basin of water and washed. Cut into sections, separating the root and leaf parts.
- Prepare the ingredients as stated.
- Heat up wok, add oil, fry ginger and garlic until aromatic. Add in dried chillies, give it a quick stir then add in the vegetables [first the root part, then the leafy part].
- Continue to stir fry over high heat. Seasoned with salt and sugar. Stir fry to mix well. Drizzle vinegar along the side of wok.
- Stir to mix well, dish up to serve.
Post a Comment