Tasty and easy to bake orange flavoured cupcakes with choc chips. Citrus flavor of this buttery cupcake blends well with the sweet choc chips.
Love the way these cupcakes rose - beautifully. These would be good for gatherings and small parties.
Recipe Source – No Frills [slightly modified]
[makes 24 cupcakes]
220 gm butter
150 gm castor sugar [can reduced to 130-140 gm]
Zest of 2 oranges
280 gm plain flour – sifted with baking powder
1 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
60 ml orange juice
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy, light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beat well after each addition.
- Fold in the flour using lowest speed or with spatula, alternating with orange juice.
- Fold in the choc chips.
- Spoon batter into cupcake cases on patty tins until 90% full.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees C on middle rack for 20 minutes or until golden brown and done.
- Remove to cool on wire rack.
This post is linked to "Little Thumbs Up" February 2015 Event [Cocoa] organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of my little favourite DIY and hosted by Grace of Life can be Simple.