Tofu fried and then serve with a sweet and sour sauce is definitely tasty and appetising during the hot season.
This dish requires tofu pieces to be deep fried with a flour batter. When fried, they are are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
It is a meatless dish, though deep fried should be considered 'healthy'? I supposed better that eating meat.
2 pieces firm tofu - cut into 2 cm cubes
some toasted sesame seeds
some chopped spring onions
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp each of sugar and vinegar
1 tbsp light soy sauce
3 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tsp cornstarch water
- Put cut tofu cubes in a pot of cool water, add 1 tsp salt boil for 2 minutes after the water is boiled. Drained off water to dry.
- Meanwhile, combine and mix batter ingredients in a bowl. Mix evenly and gradually add in water, keep stirring until batter is of runny consistency.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl, mix well with some water.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Put tofu into batter in batches. Coat tofu pieces with batter, put in hot oil one by one to fry slowly until golden brown. Dish up.
- Reheat oil, return fried tofu into oil to fry for a few seconds until crispy. Remove to a serving platter. Pour sauce ingredients into a saucepan with a bit of oil, boil over high heat, stirring until sauce thickens and bubbling.
- Pour all over fried tofu, sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and chopped spring onions.
- Serve immediately.
Post a Comment