With the pandemic situation getting serious, affecting people all over the world in one way or other, there have been appeals for people to consider going on meatless diet. Some international organizations have been stressing on this, too. It is no harm to add more meatless dishes to your home cooked meals which are not difficult to create.
Most of the ingredients can be mixed and matched in whatever portions, variations, flavor and tastes. Basically, they are healthy and plant based, could be hearty, surprisingly delicious and tasty. Each dish you create in your kitchen is unique because of your mix and match. Why not try some and share the ideas???
This dish is prepared with whatever ingredients [excluding meat] that I have in my kitchen. Just this dish is sufficient to serve over rice in one plate for 2-3 paxs.
The picture of the ingredients is enough to cook for 2 paxs for 2 meals [serve with rice or used to prepare a noodle dish]. Is a dish suitable for the young and old.
2 stalks of kailan - wash and cut, separate stems and leaves
1 piece firm beancurd [taukwa] - cut into 10-12 small pieces
some dried mushrooms - soaked and sliced
some black fungus - soaked and break into small florets
some red carrots - peeled and sliced
some canned button mushrooms - sliced
some chopped ginger
some tofu puffs - cut [set aside for cooking a noodle dish]
1-2 cups water
1 tbsp cooking oil
some cornstarch water for thickening
some sesame seed oil [optional]
1 tbsp vegetarian mushrooms sauce
1/2 - 2 tbsp light soy sauce
1/4 tsp mushroom stock granules
1/4 tsp salt to taste
dashes of white pepper
- Prepare the ingredients as abovementioned. Pan fry firm beancurd in a non stick wok until golden brown. Dish up, set aside.
- Using the same wok and oil, saute dried mushrooms until fragrant, then add in chopped ginger. Fry until aromatic before adding carrots, button mushrooms and black fungus. Stir fry for awhile before adding water [can be hot water].
- Bring to boil, add in seasoning to taste. Add in kailan stems to cook.
- Then add in kailan leaves and fried firm beancurd. Stir to mix and bring to boil. Add more water if you want more gravy to spread over rice. Lastly, thicken with cornstarch water. Off heat.
- Scoop rice onto serving plate, then scoop prepared dish over rice or serve separately.
- Serve immediately with some cut chillies or vegetarian sambal paste with a squeeze of lime juice. ENJOY!!!
Post a Comment