During lockdown days, home makers are never off duty when you have to prepare all meals in the kitchen for the stay home members especially with no tapao, Grab Food or Panda Food etc. Though food varieties are kept to the minimal and simple to avoid going out marketing, planning is needed to prevent wastage, too.
Here, are another 2 homey dishes, though simple, they are nutritious, healthy and not overwhelming for a lunch meal. These 2 dishes served immediately with steaming hot rice is awesome if you love to enjoy food just out of the wok.
Dinner is a light meal usually noodles or pasta fried or cooked in soup.
I have used the same ingredients for the Winter Melon with Dried Prawns Soup to flavour this soup.
Dish 9 - Pork Ribs, Carrot with Dried Prawns Soup
1/2 tbsp dried prawns - blended
1/2 tbsp shallots - blended
1/4 tsp white peppercorns - blended
250 gm meaty pork ribs - washed and blanched before using
250 gm carrots - peeled and cut wedges
900 ml hot water
salt and chicken stock granules to taste
- Blend peppercorns, shallots and dried prawns [coarsely]. [Note: I have prepared more of this paste ingredients, fried until fragrant and store it in the refrigerator until required. For the soup base, only 1 tablespoon is needed for this soup].
- Fry blended ingredients with a bit of oil in a soup pot or claypot until aromatic. Add in hot water, bring to boil, then add in blanched pork ribs to to cook until tender before adding carrots.
- Add more hot water if necessary. Bring to a rolling boil for 5-10 minutes, then low heat to simmer until carrots are tender [looks translucent]. Add seasoning to taste.
- Serve hot with rice.
Dish 10 - Fried Tofu with Small Bok Choy
1 piece tofu - cut into 8 equal pieces
200 gm small bok choy - washed and cut sections
1 small onions - peeled and cut wedges
50 gm red carrots - peeled and sliced
some red chilli strips
1 tsp sesame seed oil
oyster sauce, salt, pepper and mushroom stock granules to taste
- Pan fry tofu slices until golden brown on both sides. Push aside, add in onions and remaining ingredients.
- Stir fry until cooked through and add in seasoning to taste.
- Dish up, serve immediately.