A lovely dish that you can prepare for big group of people like Chinese New Year, small gatherings or serve as a main dish for One Dish Meal. I have prepared this dish in a bigger portion during Chinese New Year.
Here, I have recreate this dish using two pieces of chicken thighs for 2 persons. Cutting down on meat intake. Feel free to use this sauce for 2-3 chicken thighs or 2 deboned chicken whole leg [chicken chop]. The large onions and fried vegetables are optional but I always loved to add these to meat dishes.
This is a yummy dish that all can recreate in the comfort of your home for family and friends. Hassle-free and awesome.
2-3 deboned chicken thighs or 2 pieces deboned chicken whole legs
a few dashes of Ajioshio Flavoured Black Pepper or some salt and pepper and cornflour
1 large onions - peel and sliced
some chopper spring onions
some toasted sesame seeds
1 tbsp chopped garlic
Sauce Ingredients [Combined]
1-2 tbsp plum sauce
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1-2 tbsp light soy sauce [low sodium]
<1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp sugar for taste [optional]
1 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice
100 ml water
1 tsp cornflour + 1 tbsp water
- Prepare chicken pieces. Pat dry before marinating with seasoning for at least 30 minutes. Coat lightly with cornflour before pan frying.
- Heat a non stick wok, add some oil. Pan fry chicken pieces with skin side down first until golden brown and crispy at the edges. Flip over to fry the meat side until cooked through. Dish up on a plate.
- Remove excess oil from wok, leaving some to saute onions until limp. Dish out onto serving plate. Using the same wok, add in garlic to brown a little or until aromatic.
- Pour in the combined sauce with water. Bring to boil, stirring continously. Return fried chicken to sauce. Bring to boil again so that the chicken meat is well coated with the sauce. Thicken sauce.
- Dish up onto fried onion. Sprinkle with chopped spring onions and toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.