This is an easy recipe with simple ingredients, yet these are lovely and delicious cookies. Looking at the ingredients, it can be considered a healthy cookie that is suitable for all ages. These are suitable for breakfast and tea time. They are crispy and crunchy, not too sweet and nice to munch on it. In my opinion, this is a surprisingly good recipe using oatmeal. It is also eggless.
They are buttery and fragrant, crispy and crunchy, not too sweet and nice to munch on it. In my opinion, this is a surprisingly good cookies recipe using oatmeal. It is also eggless, too.
[makes 84 pieces]
125 gm butter
50 gm caster sugar
100 gm plain flour
40 gm rice flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
100 gm oatmeal
2 tbsp toasted black sesame seeds
- Cream butter and sugar in the mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Combine all the dry ingredients [plain flour, rice flour and sesame seeds etc.] in a big bowl.
- Gradually add into the creamed mixture and fold into a soft dough.
- Pinch a small portion and roll into ball. Place on baking tray lined with parchment paper. Finish doing the same for the remaining dough and then use a fork to press rolled balls to flatten slightly.
- Preheat oven at about 160-170 degrees C. Baked cookies on the middle rack for about 20 minutes. In between baking, do check your oven to prevent cookies been burnt.
- Remove and leave to cool on a rack before storing in air tight containers.