One more simple chicken dish recipe which is easy to follow yet the result is awesome. A favourable One Dish Meal recipe that is generally acceptable to the young and old in the family. This dish is nutritious and economical.
For One Dish Meal you can increase the portion and also the gravy to spread over a plate of steaming hot rice. You can substitute the cucumber, red and green chillies with Chinese leeks, red and green capsicum. The main ingredient is the fried chicken and sauce, The appetising sauce that coats the fried chicken cubes tastes sweet, savoury and sourish. The fried chicken cubes are tender and succulent.
You can deep fry the chicken cubes or pan fry until golden brown.
The sweet and sour sauce recipe is a basic recipe and can be used as sauce ingredients for other fried chicken, meat or tofu dishes.
1/2 a large size chicken breast [skin removed] - cut cubes
some sliced garlic and chopped ginger
1 red and green chillies - seeded and cut small pieces
1 medium size cucumber - seeded and cut cubes
some spring onions - cut sections
Marinade For Chicken
salt and pepper to taste
some cooking wine
some oil and cornstarch to coat the chicken cubes
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp black vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
salt to taste
100 ml water
1 tbsp cornstarch
- Marinate chicken cubes with marinade, mix well and leave for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients as stated above.
- Heat a non stick wok, add enough oil to pan fry the chicken cubes until slightly charred but cooked through. Push aside.
- Remove excess oil if any, otherwise, add in ginger and garlic. Fry until aromatic and combine aromatics with fried chicken. Add in cucumber, red and green chillies.
- Stir fry to cook for a minutes. Add in the combined sauce and some water. Bring to boil, taste to adjust seasoning. Add more water if sauce is too thick. Lastly add in spring onions. Stir to mix.
- Dish out to serve with rice.