This is a simple and easy to follow recipe to prepare minced meat dish that can be stored and use to serve with rice, blanched noodles [dry or in soup]. It can also be used as toppings for tofu, eggs and some vegetables dishes. Instead of preparing from stretch all the time when you needed minced meat as condiments, this dish is the answer. I had used it as condiments for rice, noodles, tofu and some stir fried or blanched vegetables.
It is flavourful, tastes savoury sweet. Pepper can be added if you like a bit of spiciness to it or just add some chopped chillies as and when you prefer.
- In a big bowl, add marinade [except water and cornflour] to minced meat. Use a pair of chopstick or cleaned hand to mix well. Gradually add in the water, mixing while you add until the water is fully absorbed into the meat. Add in cornflour, mix into a paste.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
- Heat up a non stick wok, add in marinated minced meat and fry until oil oozes out. Add in chopped garlic, continue to fry until fragrant. You can also saute the garlic first before fry the meat.
- Add in dark soy sauce, continue to fry until well incorporated. Drizzle in some water and continue to fry until meat is fragrant and cooked through.
- Add in spring onions. Mix well and dish up.
- Serve with rice or stored in containers for later use.