This dish is quite similar to my mum's recipe [Family Style Sesame Oil Meatballs]. Both are as good. The difference is my mum's recipe does not have eggs and it is meatballs. This recipe is a mix of some minced meat and eggs. So the choice is available. Should you wish to use less meat then can try this recipe.
- Combine eggs with minced meat. Mix well to combine ingredients.
- Heat sesame oil in wok to fry ginger until aromatic and slightly crispy. Remove, set aside as garnishing.
- Using the same wok and remaining sesame oil, pour in egg and meat mixture. Fry until brown on both sides. Cut into quarters using the wok ladle.
- Add in light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar and water. Bring it to a boil. Taste to adjust seasoning. Add salt to taste.
- Boil for a further minute. Add a little more water if you prefer some sauce to serve with rice. Add in fried crispy ginger shreds.
- Dish out on serving plate. Garnish with fried ginger. Serves well with rice or porridge.