Craving for some spicy food but not in the mood to go through the trouble of getting and blending the curry paste ingredients. This recipe is a easy, simple and quick to cook curry that you like to try. It is not really spicy but it is tasty good to serve with rice or even blanched noodles. You can cook it with more gravy or dry. It is your own preference. Just increase the seasoning, curry paste ingredients and liquid amount.
This curry is not too spicy, savoury and sourish in taste. The potatoes are quick to cook after boiling, just tender with frying and tasty.
3 medium size potatoes - skinned and cut cubes
1 small red carrot - peeled and cut cubes
200 gm minced meat
1-2 sprigs curry leaves
1 large yellow onion - peeled and chopped
some cut green and red chillies [optional]
150 ml water
50 ml coconut milk
2 tbsp cooking oil or more
Juice of 2-3 calamansi lime [optional]
Curry Paste Ingredients [Mixed Together]
1.5 tbsp meat curry powder
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp tumeric powder
dash of pepper
salt, sugar to taste
- Mix curry paste ingredients with some water or oil into a paste.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add in potatoes and carrots to boil for 5-10 minutes. Drain, set aside.
- Heat a non stick wok, add oil. Saute onions until aromatic, push aside. Add in minced meat. Stir fry until it turns white, push aside.
- Put in the curry paste, saute until oil separates. Mix all the ingredients, stir fry until aromatic. Add in curry leaves, then add water, bring to boil over medium low heat until cooked through.
- Add in boiled potatoes, carrots, then add in coconut milk and cut chillies.
- Stir fry to mix and bring to boil until sauce is reduced. Add in seasoning to taste.
- Lastly, off heat, drizzle in lime juice. Mix well. Dish up to serve with rice.