Never underestimate a simple, easy recipe for it may turn out to be a delicious, appetising dish to be enjoyed in the comfort of the home. This is one of the recipe which I came across over you-tube which I re-created with some modifications to the portion and seasoning according to my preference.The fried pork chops are tender and succulent. They blend well with the onion and ketchup sauce which tasted sweet, sourish and savoury. Great dish to serve as One Dish Meal.
I had added some mixed vegetables too, so that the portion is enough to serve 3 in the family. You can marinate the pork chops and combine the seasoning way ahead of cooking time.
3-4 pieces pork chops - tenderise with a meat tenderiser Marinade
some salt, black pepper and cornstarch
1 large yellow onion - peeled and sliced
1/2 cup mixed vegetables
1 tsp butter
3 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp sugar
salt to taste
90 ml water
some cornstarch water for thickening
- Tenderise the pork chops with a meat tenderiser on both sides. Marinate with some salt, black pepper and coat with some cornstarch. Set aside while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Before frying, sprinkle some black pepper and coat with some extra cornstarch. Pat well.
- Heat a non stick wok, add some oil. Pan fry the pork chops until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Dish up.
- Using the same wok, remove excess oil. Add in onions to fry until fragrant. Pour in the combined sauce, add mixed vegetables and water. Bring to boil for a minute, thicken with cornstarch water.
- Return the fried pork chops to mix with the sauce.
- Dish up to serve over rice. Serve immediately.