This is a tasty, delicious meatless stir fry dish. Light dish and easy to prepare that goes well, great with rice.
The main ingredients of this dish are:
- Erngyii Mushrroms [Sin Pao Ku] - high in antioxidants that helps protect cell damage and fiber helps boost satiety, improve insulin function and curb appetite
- Sea Kelp [Hai Tai] - natural source of vitamins A, B1 & B2, C, D and E as well as minerals like zinc, magnesium, iron, potassium, copper and iron
- Capsicum - a good soure of dietary fiber and rich in Vitamins A, B6, C, E and folate
With this dish, you probably wouldn't miss meat when you are thinking of going on meatless diet.Ingredients
250 gm Erngyii mushrooms - tear into strips
1 green capsicum - seeded and cut strips
1 red chill - seeded and cut strips
1 piece firm beancurd - cut thick strips and fried to golden brown
1 small piece of sea kelp [hai tai] - rinsed and cut thin strips
some chopped ginger
1 tbsp each oyster sauce and light soy sauce
1/4 tsp salt to taste
dash of pepper
1 tsp sesame oil
some cornstarch water for thickening
- Pan fry firm beancurd strips until golden brown. Push aside. Add in ginger and mushrooms, stir fry until ingredients are fragrant. Mix well with fried beancurd.
- Add in sea kelp and red chilli, together with seasoning.
- Stir fry to mix well, add in some water. Bring to boil, then add in capsicum. Mix well and thicken with cornstarch water.
- Dish up to serve.