Especially fragrant and tasty chicken dish with the aromatics and marinade. No fry is needed, thus a less greasy kitchen to clean.
1/2 free range chicken - skin removed and cut into bite size pieces
3 - 4 pips garlic - peeled and cut coarsely
1/2 inch piece ginger - sliced
1 large onion - peeled and cut chunky pieces
1 piece red fermented beancurd [nam yue]
1 tbsp each of oyster sauce, light soy sauce, Hoisin sauce and honey
1/2 tsp sesame seed oil
- Marinate chicken pieces with marinade for several hours.
- Lightly grease the base of a claypot, arrange aromatics [ginger, garlic and onions] in a single layer.
- Arrange marinated chicken over aromatics with marinade.
- Add water, enough to cover the meat.
- Bring to boil, lower heat and cover to simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked and gravy is reduced.
- Stir to mix well. Garnish with some chopped spring onions.