This is a very simple chicken dish that is great for One Dish Meal to serve over plate of steaming hot rice.
The lightly marinated chicken pieces [you can use chicken wings, boneless chicken whole leg etc.] braised with ginger, spring onions and soy sauce is tasty and delicious served with rice.
Feel free to add some other vegetables like carrots or broccoli.
4 chicken wings - removed tip, cut into sections
1 stalk spring onions - cut into 2-3" sections
1 cm piece ginger - sliced
1 red chilli - sliced
some chopped spring onions for garnishing
some sweet peas [optional]
1 tsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water
2-3 tbsp light soy sauce to taste
dash of ground black pepper
- Marinate chicken pieces with some salt and pepper. Set aside for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat a non stick wok with some oil, saute ginger slices until aromatic and edges curl up. Add in chicken pieces to fry until brown.
- Add in spring onions and chillies. Stir to mix well until fragrant. Pour in some hot water [enough to cover meat], bring to boil. Add in light soy sauce and some black pepper.
- Bring to boil and simmer until chicken wings are tender and water reduced. Add in sweet peas if using, thicken with cornstarch water.
- Dish up to serve. Garnish with some chopped spring onions.