This dish is simple and easy to prepare and tastes yummy-licious for a One Dish Meal. Cook this to serve with rice with some blanched vegetables and mayonnaise spread makes a satisfying meal for the young and old in the family.
The chicken wings are browned by pan frying. I believe it would be even better if you wish to deep fry in oil or fried them in an air fryer if you have one. Then coat them with the fragrant sauce, save the braising step.
8 chicken wings - cut half
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
10 ml wine
4-5 pips garlic - coarsely cut
1 large onion - peeled and cut wedges
2 tbsp each tomato sauce and light soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Clean and pat dry the chicken wings. Marinate with marinade for at least 15 minutes.
- Combine the sauce, set aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan, arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer to pan fry and brown nicely. Remove and set aside.
- Heat a non stick pan with some oil to saute the ginger, garlic and onions until aromatic. Return the fried chicken wings, add in combined sauce. Stir to mix well before adding enough water to cover them.
- Bring to boil, cover with lid and braise over medium heat until gravy is reduced. Uncover to stir occasionally.
- Dish up on to serving plate. Sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds.