This recipe is inspired after seeing [Katie's Post on FB]. It is a reminder to me that this is a lovely soup. I had prepared quite a similar kind of soup Dried Figs, Yok Chuk Chicken Soup, with chicken occasionally. It is tasty and delicious served hot.
Dried Figs are known to have numerous benefits such as:
- Improve digestion
- Helps in losing weight
- Prevents hypertension
- Rich in antioxidants
- Prevents heart diseases, cancers
- Good for diabetes
- Strengthens bones
- Cures Iron-deficiency anemia
- Improves reproductive health
Anyone looking for the above benefits, perhaps can try preparing this soup often..... Use a slow cooker to prepare this soup would be good option. I can't wait to slurp this soup for dinner tonight.
250 gm meaty pork ribs pieces[I used shoulder neck ribs]
4 dried figs
6-8 dried red dates
1-2 tbsp wolfberries
900 ml water
salt and chicken stock granules to taste
- Blanch ribs in hot water. Rinsed with tap water.
- Pour water in soup pot, add in all the ingredients [except seasoning]. Bring to boil for 10-15 minutes, then simmer for another 30 minutes until ribs are tender.
- Add seasoning to taste.
- Serve hot.
Notes: I bought the dried figs from a Medical Hall and was told that these figs are from Iran. According to them, the ones eaten as snacks are from a different country and not suitable for soups.