Homey, comfort soup for lunch or dinner.
This is a nutritious soup that can be served on its own, with rice or noodle soup by adding some glass noodles. Awesome.
200 gm spinach [bayam leaves]
100 gm chicken meat - cut strips
1-2 eggs - lightly beaten with some salt and cooking wine
1 tbsp goji - rinsed, drained and soaked in 1 tbsp cooking wine
1 tbsp chopped ginger
600 ml water
salt and pepper to taste
dash of msg or chicken stock granules
- Season chicken strips with a little salt, pepper and cornstarch.
- Heat a non stick pan with some oil, pour in beaten egg and scramble until almost cooked. Dish up.
- Add in some oil, saute ginger until aromatic, add in chicken strips. Stir until chicken meat turns white.
- Add in water, bring to boil for several minutes. Add in spinach to cook.
- Add in fried eggs, goji and seasoning to taste.
- Scoop up into soup bowl to serve.