This, is a lovely fried chicken dish with a special sauce. Though the marinade and sauce have some curry powder in them, it is not spicy but has the fragrance which makes it quite unique.
You can use chicken breast tender or deboned chicken thigh for this dish. Should be as delicious and tasty. Tastes savoury and aromatic, very appetising with a plate of rice.
8-9 pieces of chicken breast tender or 2 chicken thighs
1 large onion - peeled and cut rings
some cherry tomatoes - halved
1/2 tsp each of salt and sugar
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp chilli sauce
1 tsp Worcester sauce
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp light soy sauce
3 tbsp water
- If using breast tender, keep whole. For chicken thighs, cut to bite size pieces. Marinate with marinade for about 30 minutes.
- Heat enough oil in non-stick wok/pan to pan fry the chicken pieces in batches until golden brown and cooked. Dish up.
- Remove excess oil, using same wok/pan, saute onion rings until aromatic and soft with the tomatoes.*
- Dish up on to serving platter, top with fried chicken pieces.
- Meanwhile, bring combined sauce to boil in the same wok pan.
- Drizzle sauce over chicken pieces, sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately.
Note: *You can add the sauce and fried chicken to 3, mix well and serve.