MUST READ POST. I am very happy to come across this recipe - a steaming sauce that is good to use for steaming seafood like prawns, squids, fish, clams and etc, etc. Best of all you can add noodles together with the seafood while steaming, which means you can get to enjoy a steamed seafood noodle. Fuss free.
This portion of the steaming sauce is enough for 2 pax. If you like to make your own steaming sauce, you can prepare a bigger portion. Should keep well for some time in the refrigerator.
Isn't this lovely? The noodles have soaked up the sauce, mixed with chopped ingredients it tastes awesome. The prawns retained its own sweetness and flavour. Blends well. I will definitely use this sauce to prepare noodles with squids and fish fillets.
Ingredients For Steaming Sauce
[makes 2 pax]
1 tbsp each fish sauce, light soy sauce and cooking wine
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 1/4 tsp sugar
dash of pepper and msg or chicken stock granules
- Combine the ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to boil for 5 minutes. Cool and store in a glass container.
Other Ingredients - Steamed Prawns with Glass Noodles
1 bundle glass noodles - soaked for 5 minutes and drained
1 tbsp each chopped ginger and garlic
some chopped red chilli, spring onions and coriander leaves
1 tsp fried crispy garlic with oil
4-5 medium large prawns [can substitute with squids or fish meat]
50-60 ml boiled water [add only if cooking with noodles]
- Place soaked glass noodles in a steaming bowl.
- Top with prawns, sprinkle on the top the chopped ingredients [except spring onions or coriander leaves].
- Scoop 2-3 tbsp of steaming sauce over noodles. Add in water.
- Steamed over boiling water for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove, garnish with crispy fried garlic with oil, spring onions or coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately.